Welcome to our School Website
A warm welcome to Keyingham Primary School. We’re a school with years of educational life and experience that gives the school its unique atmosphere and place in the community. Our children find themselves in a busy and enthusiastic learning environment where there is always much to do, see and learn. We aim to provide a stimulating and structured environment in which all members of the school community are valued. We hope that you will find this website useful, informative and “to the point”. You should get a good impression of the school’s life and ethos. We are committed to providing the very best for the children at Keyingham Primary and we believe that this means a great deal more than simply those results that can easily be tested and presented in tables. Primary schooling should be about developing children’s learning attitudes and their characters so that they will want to go on learning for ever, and although this means high standards in English and Maths, it means so much more besides.
School Notice Box
We’ll be posting information here that needs bringing to your attention – whether that be up and coming events that are now imminent or emergency information – such as school closure due to snow etc.
For general information about school life see the news feeds below.
School Life Blog Feed
Thank you for all your support with the Easter Fair. The children raised an amazing total of £340.00!
These are the tests that Mr Hebb has set for Year 6 children ‘s homework over the Easter holiday to help them prepare for the national tests in May.
Click on the links below to see our topic overviews for Spring 2 Term.
The booklets below contain a copy of the new curriculum end of year expectations for reading, writing, maths and speaking. There is a separate booklet for each year group.
Menu for the week beginning 6th March, 2015
The Junior Road Safety Officers organised ‘Healthy Heart Week’ to encourage everyone to walk, scoot or cycle to school. Children who had to come to school in the car or on the bus could run round the playground twice instead. We started the week with a large white heart but by the end of the week, with everyone adding their red stickers, it had turned a healthy shade of red. Well done everyone!
Well our new website is now in place. We hope you like it, find it easy to use, and are able to engage with and enjoy our school life that we share online. Don’t forget you can follow us on Twitter.
Click the links below for some useful websites to give you more information about phonics as well as games and activities that your child can use to practise their phonics.
- Letters and Sounds -This is the DfES document that we use for planning how we teach phonics in school – https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationdetail/page1/DFES-00281-2007
- Family Learning Phonic Games – Here you will find a range of phonic games to help your child practise sounding out words- http://www.familylearning.org.uk/phonics_games.html
- Phonics Play- This is a website that we often use in school in phonics lessons. There is a subscription to use some areas of the site but there are some free games as well -http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/index.htm
- BBC Words and Pictures – There are a number of games and phonic activities on this site- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/index.shtml
- Northwood – Another site with lots of phonic games and activities http://www.northwood.org.uk/phonics.htm
- Kenttrust- Another site with a number of phonics games- http://www.kenttrustweb.org.uk/kentict/content/games/literacy_menu.html
- Crickweb – This websites has a game to help children learn their initial letter sounds – http://www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html
Click the links below for some useful websites for Year 6 children revision.
SAM Learning – a revision site for Key Stage 2 National Tests in maths, English and science. All children have their own password to use this site.
BBC Bitesize – free information, tests, quizzes and games to help children make the most of what they know in preparation for the Key Stage 2 National Tests.
Woodlands Junior School – revision activities
ICKids – a collection of tutorials and sample Key Stage 2 SATs questions
Beaver Road – a selection of previous mental maths test questions to practice
E-Maths – past SAT papers that you can download.
Chaddesley Corbett Primary School – links to revision sites and on the left there are lots of helpful documents on how to do different maths calculations as well as some useful maths facts.
Times Tables Revision – fun games to help your child learn their times tables
Skillswise – improve your maths and English skills.
Maths : Who wants to be a Millionaire? – fun way to improve your maths skills.
- School Performance Table -http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/index.html
- Parent Pay – https://www.parentpay.com/
- Family Learning – http://www.familylearning.org.uk/
- FISH – East Riding Families Information Service – http://www.eastriding.gov.uk/children-and-families/fish/about-fish/
- Parent Partnership – providing impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs. – http://www.eastriding.gov.uk/cfas/inclusion-services/inclusion–sen/parentpartnership/
- Family Lives is a national charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life. – http://familylives.org.uk/
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre – http://www.ceop.police.uk/
- Digizen website – http://www.digizen.org/
- Childnet – http://www.childnet.com/
- NSPCC – http://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- FRANK (A-Z of drugs) – http://www.talktofrank.com/home_html.aspx
- Adult Education – http://www.eastridingadultlearn.ac.uk/
- Mobile Library – http://www.eastriding.gov.uk/atoz/print.aspx?id=899
- Help for parents with homework- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Schoolslearninganddevelopment/SchoolLife/DG_179508
- Walk to school – http://www.walktoschool.org.uk/
- Keyingham Parish Council – http://www.keyinghamparishcouncil.co.uk/ccm/navigation/home/
Sumdog- (Username & password available from your child’s class teacher) – http://www.sumdog.com/
Learnanywhere – – (Username & password available from your child’s class teacher) – https://keyingham.learnanywhere.co.uk/auth/login
EducationCity (Username & password available from your child’s class teacher) – http://www.educationcity.com/uk/login
Toftwood – http://www.ictgames.com/resources.html
Woodlands Junior School – http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/
BBC revision on line for Year 6 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/index.shtml
Snaith Primary – http://www.snaithprimary.eriding.net/
Teaching Tables – http://www.teachingtables.co.uk/
CBeebies – http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/
Words& Pictures – http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/
Primary Maths Games – http://www.primarygames.co.uk/
Search engine – http://www.google.co.uk/
Newsround – http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/default.stm
Look , Cover, Write and Check – Interactive spelling tool to practice your spellings with – http://www.amblesideprimary.com/ambleweb/lookcover/lookcover.html
Storynory – Free audio books for children – http://storynory.com/
Maths Zone – http://www.mathszone.co.uk/
E-Safety for children
Think you know – http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
BBC Safe Surfing Website – http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/help/safesurfing/
Stop Cyberbullying – http://www.stopcyberbullying.org/what_is_cyberbullying_exactly.html
We have achieved the Modeshift Award.
We have achieved the ICT Mark.
We have achieved the ActiveMark 2008 award.
We have achieved the FMSIS award.
We are delighted to share the end of KS2 results for the academic year 2013/14.
We are delighted to share the end of KS2 results for the academic year 2012/13.
School Events Feed
Tuesday 14th April – School reopens after the Easter holidays.
Tuesday 14th April am – GIST will be visiting school with an articulated lorry. They will talk to children in KS2 about road safety, especially near lorries.
Tuesday 5th April pm – Children in KS2 will be visiting Withernsea High School to watch the BBC Ten Piece Orchestra concert.
Browse our School Art Collection
We hope you like our website. Find out more about how it works.
Schools can prove excellence by gaining industry standard awards. View awards we have attained.
Free News Service
Click on the icon to the left to subscribe to a free RSS feed school news service.
Visit our Local Offer Page where you can find out about our SEN provision.
You can also follow us on social media. Click on the icons at the very bottom of this web page.
Contact Us Form
Website Quick Links Page Menus
Click on the links in the footer area to gain quick access to all of the website.