Whole School Project
Whole school project
This week is Scarecrow Week! We have decided to join in with the village Scarecrow Trail and will be building scarecrows in school. With that in mind, our home learning is focussed all around the theme of scarecrows with particular links to the book/film ‘The Wizard of Oz’. See below for ideas linked to different areas of the curriculum. We would love to see which activities you choose and any scarecrows that you make, so please send photos to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet on @keyinghamsch
- research the history of Captain Tom Moore and his role during World War II
- research/look at the film industry in 1939 and compare it to today.
- look at the weather phenomenon ‘tornadoes’.
- investigate the state of Kansas, America and compare to England.
- investigate how the brain works, controls movement, speech, co-ordination, etc.
- learn how to draw a scarecrow
Google– Scarecrow Art– Videos– How to draw a scarecrow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFtnuePQ_4
Follow the daily RWI lessons on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ?mc_cid=5b8869f543&mc_eid=3d2b84ebff
For free Read Write Inc. Phonics eBooks, activities and advice, visit Oxford Owl for Home: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/read-write-inc-home
Also, we encourage you to read together every day – there are some great activities on https://literacytrust.org.uk/family-zone/
Due to Carol Vorderman’s Maths Factor free service ending, we would like you to look at any of the following links for some online maths. If you would rather, Mrs Doves would like you to learn about money. Please see below the worksheet.
This week Mrs Doves would like you to draw a scarecrow and write sentences about them, like ‘My scarecrow has a floppy hat.’